<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Somebody get me a straightjacket..... 

Under extreme pressure from the in-laws Thursday night, I was convinced to contact my realtor and move the closing date up to November 17 and possession on the 20th. There's a meeting scheduled with the buyers, their lender and their realtor first thing tomorrow morning to arrange that. But unbeknownst to me, after I got that arranged, Dan sat down with the realtor in Sioux Falls to work out a contract on the house we want and found out that they can't get the financing done in just two weeks. They need three. His parents told him Thanksgiving weekend would be fine to move and they completed the contract with a closing date of November 27, but no one checked with me! They just assumed it wouldn't be a problem! So all of a sudden, I have to change the closing and possession dates on our current house back to the original ones agreed upon. Problem is, I didn't find out about this until after 8pm! I tried to call the realtor's cell phone but couldn't reach her. So I have no idea if she will get my messages before the other party has their meeting and agrees to changes I no longer need.

I am quite upset. I was crying on the phone when talking to Dan about this. I spent all kinds of time on Wednesday and Thursday telling the in-laws that two weeks was too soon to close on a house in my area, but no one listened to me except Dan. I am not stupid and am sick of being treated like I don't know what I'm doing just because I never sold a house before. My poor realtor must think I'm a real jerk, trying to change a contract multiple times. I am very embarrassed about how I've inconvenienced her and the people buying my house.

We still don't know if we have the house in Sioux Falls or not. The realtor there decided that we should try to put 20 percent down on the house instead of a 80-10-10 deal, but it would require some concessions of the sellers. We're asking them to pay our closing plus one point, essentially knocking $5000 off the price. Problem is, we don't have any savings left and will still be $5000 short on the down payment, so we'll have to cash out a retirement fund. The other sticky issue is the possession date. The sellers are having a house built and want to close December 15, whereas we're pushing for November 27. I'm hoping the sellers don't get so put off that they decide to go with the offer they got first from another party. There really aren't any other suitable houses on the market in our price range in Sioux Falls right now. The sellers will probably be making up their minds sometime tomorrow.

Too tired to cry or type anymore.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?