<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 15, 2007

Rave of the Day for January 15, 2007: 

Ducky e-mailed me these hilarious YouTube clips. They both show just how embarrassingly uninformed the average American is. The second one is from a Canadian show....

Chasers War on Everything - Americans

Rick Mercer - Talking to Americans

Now, I will freely admit that my knowledge of North and South America is quite shoddy. I was taught about Europe, Asia and Africa in the sixth grade and then was to learn about North and South America in the seventh grade, but my family moved to a new district when I completed sixth grade. The new district taught North and South America in the sixth grade and Europe, Asia and Africa in the seventh, so I covered Europe, Asia and Africa twice, but NEVER studied North or South America! Even so, I knew that Toronto is NOT the capital of Canada (even before you told me, Ducky). And I know who Fidel Castro is.

"Don't want to be an American idiot....."
--Green Day

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?