<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quickie post.... 

I haven't blogged much because I'm trying to file my taxes. I expect, and need, a refund. It has been like negotiating a mine field what with the lump sum SSDI payment covering multiple years, medical and other expenses which nearly exceeded our income, dual state residency, cashing out a retirement fund when our savings ran dry, etc. but I think I'm nearly done with the federal part.

I'm negotiating one more technical glitch with TurboTax, but once I tackle that, the rest should be a breeze in comparison. I ROCK doing my own taxes! I think someone should present me with an honorary accounting degree after all the research, blood, sweat and tears I've had to invest this year.

It is very important to me that I file my own taxes. I have this need to feel productive which is quite difficult to accomplish when I'm too sick to work, to clean my own house or even get out much. With liberal use of a calculator, Quicken, the IRS website, helpful message boards and TurboTax, I can file a return almost as well as a healthy person, heh heh.

Next year should be much easier. We won't have any moving expenses, home purchase or sale, annuity distributions, prior year SSDI earnings, COBRA payments or state tax form to worry about.

Did I mention that I ROCK?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?