<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 10, 2007

A yayyyyy and a nay...... 

I'll start with the good news first. My sister is expecting a baby in August! I've known for awhile, but she wanted me to wait a bit while before I announced it to the world, heh heh.

This is a big deal for her because she has severe endometriosis and had been undergoing fertility treatment. The docs were not terribly encouraging about her chances for success. So this is practically a miracle!

She is considered a high risk pregnancy, so she will be monitored closely. She's had a couple of ultrasounds already and has various procedures and docs lined up. She does not want to know the gender ahead of time, so we will all be surprised!

This is her first pregnancy. I do have two nieces from other family members. One is my sister-in-law's daughter who will be 3 at the end of this month, and the other is my stepbrother's daughter who will be 2 in April.

The not too exciting news is that I have another suspicious lump on my neck that may need to be removed or at least biopsied. This one just appeared out of the blue a week ago and has not gotten any smaller. I showed it to my primary care doc yesterday, and she referred me to a surgeon that I will see Thursday.

The most logical explanation is that this is another inflamed lymph node courtesy of Sjogren's syndrome even though I haven't had one before that looked quite like this. I had a large lymph node biopsied two years ago, and it contained damage caused by Sjogren's. Sometimes this disease causes non-Hodgkins lymphoma, hence the docs investigating suspicious swelling.

Chances are probably no more than 20 percent that it will be cancer, so I'm not terribly concerned. I'm mainly just cranky that I may have to have stitches in my neck again. I'm allergic to medical tape and steri-strips and get terrible itching.

I'll pop in and post about what the surgeon says.

Oh, and the primary care doc has referred me to a new rheumatologist. I'm hoping this one won't be a jerk like that last one.

Have other less momentous news to report, but it will have to wait because I'm once again too wiped out to type much more.

Comments:
Congratulations to you and your sister! Having a new baby in the family is so exciting - I'm still playing the proud 'Auntie' after my cousins both gave birth to their first children last year! lol

I'm sorry to hear about the lump though. I hope everything goes as well as possible for you when you meet with the surgeon on Thursday. Please do keep me posted. Until then, I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Jo xxx
 
You're in my prayers as usual, will add your sister & her baby too.

Love ya,
Debbie "Pete"
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?