<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I pulled a Britney Spears! 


Well, not quite. My haircut is longer by about an inch, heh heh. So I look more pixie-ish and less military than she does.

My rationale was that I was bored with my hair, and I promised not to spend money having it colored anymore, so what else could I do that was cheap but interesting? I had in fact asked to have it extremely short and spiky the last time it was cut in January, but the woman at the ubiquitous chain hair place I'd gone to only knew how to make me look like every other female in Sioux Falls with a cropped 'do. Not awful, but way too conservative for me.

So I went to a different place today, oddly enough in the same mall with the same prices but not part of a large chain. I found a photo of something similar to what I had in mind, showed the stylist, and she was delighted! I guess she doesn't get too many women coming in asking for something bold, especially when it's still winter.

And she wasn't timid at all, cheerfully hacking away with the scissors and then getting out the electric trimmer thingy (um, can you tell I've never used one before?). Gone was that lifeless chunk of fringe in the back, gone were those unmanageable wings on the sides, and the top finally got short enough to spike! What was left was just long enough to give my face some definition but not long enough to lie flat against my skull like usual.

I appear to be a different person! I think I look a few years younger and a bit mischievous. Not that I'm capable of much mischief anymore, but no harm in having some fun with my hair.

I had the stylist completely spike it out just to see what it would do. I imagine I'll probably do the usual fluff and go most of the time, but I like knowing my options. I do have some styling products at home for those occasions when I want rock and roll hair.

Here's a surprise: I think my ears are really cute! A bit smallish, but they don't stick out, they're not mis-shapen in any way, and they actually look good with no hair covering them. And now I'll have a chance to really show off my extensive earring collection.

My face is a bit on the long side, but it doesn't look as strange without hair as I thought it might. I think it helps that I'm not obese anymore because when I was heavy my face was too round to pull off something like a buzz cut. I do think most women have to feel pretty comfortable with themselves before they go for such a butch look, though.

Dan says my hair's really cute! I didn't realize it until after he got home from work tonight, but he and I look a bit more alike now. At least I don't have to shave my face, heh heh.

Ok, I did have Dan take a photo, but I've never been able to get an image to post on this blog. I'll give it a shot. I guess you'll know if it worked if you see a goofy grinning brunette somewhere near this post.

So nice to have hair-apy at last.

Comments:
Your resemblance to Carol Burnett is really apparent now.

RH
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?