<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 12, 2007

RIP, Kurt Vonnegut.... 


Author Kurt Vonnegut has died. He was the face of irony, humor and intelligence for my and other generations. He will be missed....

Novelist Kurt Vonnegut dies at 84

Kurt Vonnegut made this ridiculous life bearable

I was fortunate enough to attend a lecture of his in Wichita during the 1980's. In addition to being hilarious at times, his thought process was brilliant. And it was refreshing to hear a voice in support of independent thinking during the Reagan era.

He was an original, and he encouraged all who would listen to be original as well. He endured much hardship and very nearly did not survive the darkest times, but I found him inspiring.

I shall remember him fondly.

Comments:
First, I wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog. I do it for myself (so I say) but I love hearing from other people as well. Especially those who embrace humor. Definitely helps.

And I wanted add that I was bummed when I heard the news today about Kurt. What a guy. He will be missed.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?