<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'm UNPACKED! 


At last! After six and a half months, I have FINALLY unpacked every room in the house! The only U-Haul boxes remaining have unfinished projects in them, and those boxes are neatly tucked away in a cabinet awaiting my return to scrapbooking, which I hope will happen very soon.

Of course, the big push to finish up did not come without sacrifices. I got so excited yesterday that I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel that I did way too much, and of course, several hours later when I was trying to relax, my back started spasming and screaming, soon to be followed by pretty much every muscle and joint in my body, because that's the beauty of fibromyalgia and autoimmune disease. It was so bad that I was on the verge of tears and had to resort to Baclofen, which I hate because, while it did cut my pain level about in half by getting rid of the spasms, it also made me incoherently dopey and gave me a hangover today.

I was hoping to use one of the old bookcases in the garage as a storage unit for Dan's uncle's boxes of slides, but Dan didn't want to bring it inside, so I've just made enormous piles of slides in and on plastic containers that were already full. At least the boxes aren't directly on the floor. I managed to tuck away all my scrapbook stuff in the built-in cabinets and file in plastic drawers the hundred of negatives and old prints awaiting placement in scenery-based photo albums.

To celebrate this truly momentous occasion, I talked Dan into taking me to dinner at the local Indian restaurant. I love that place because nearly everything on the menu is gluten fee except for of course the wheat-based bread. I had the chick pea bread with various chutneys for an appetizer, shrimp patia (a sweet and sour sauce made from mangoes) and basmati rice for the main course, mango lassi (yogurt and mango juice) to drink, and I stole a few bites of Dan's lamb vindaloo (spicy curry sauce).

I'm so proud of myself for getting the unpacking done! I'd do the happy dance if I could even move without wincing. My brain is dancing a jig though.

What's next? Unfortunately, since I devoted so much energy to unpacking, nothing except the kitchen and upstairs bathroom have been cleaned on a regular basis. I will have to proceed with caution, though, as even the smallest amount of scrubbing can bring on a flare, so I will have to see if I can get Dan to do the heavy duty stuff without me nagging him.

If I can manage to get the house presentably clean, I'd like to have a party. Ok, maybe party is too ambitious since I don't have the energy to entertain scads of people and I'm still not well enough to do a great deal of cooking. Maybe just have someone over to play board games?

I am looking forward to getting back to more reading, more blogging/website/computer stuff, more photo/scrabook projects, book reviews/articles for But You Don't Look Sick. And I really ought to stop eating so many frozen dinners and actually use my wok and/or my rotisserie. And maybe now I can find some enegry to join a church?

But for the moment, I need to let the muscle relaxant kick in so I can stop hurting enough to get some sleep.

I rock.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?