<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 27, 2007

This has not been my week..... 


Went back to the clinic that did my mammogram to have the follow-ups today. They did three more scans of the left breast at different angles than before. Some were actually painful as I was clamped down pretty tightly.

They came back and said they still saw an undefined mass and that an ultrasound was needed. So I waited about half an hour while they set up for that. They have all their equipment in the same office.

While I did the ultrasound, the technician and I discussed Harry Potter at length. I just rested while the results were analyzed. Then the doc came in.

He said that I have a nodule. It is not a cyst, but then, it does not look like a typical tumor, either. But they compared today's films to last year's, and this mass appears to be new.

So the next step is a biopsy. They are just gonna use a needle to extract some of the tissue in the nodule and analyze it. Doesn't sound any more invasive than the thyroid biopsy I had two years ago.

The mammography center will give all the info to my primary care doc. Her office will arrange the biopsy. It's an outpatient procedure, so it probably can be taken care of within a few weeks.

I'm rather surprised that it's not a cyst. I doubt it's cancer, but I suppose it's best to know for sure. Sigh.

My migraine's still going strong, and I'm still sore from yesterday's root canal. I did, however, take my usual anti-inflammatories as soon as I got home from the mammography center, so I hope my pain level will deflate a notch or two. I don't imagine I will be doing anything significant this weekend as my body will probably only allow me to rest.

And I get a crown on my tooth on Tuesday. Cripes.

Comments:
Well that sucks. I was hoping for a 'go on your merry way' response. You know, the 'it's nothing'.

Sorry you are having a bad week. Hang in there.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?