<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Unexpected tests.... 


Last week, I had my mammies grammed. Yesterday, I got a call from the doctor's office. Apparently, there was something on the scan of the left breast that they didn't like the look of, something that wasn't there last on last year's mammogram.

So I had to schedule more tests. They are gonna do another scan using different angles this time. If that proves inconclusive, they'll do an ultrasound the same day.

This will happen a week from Friday. If they end up doing an ultrasound and find anything suspicious, they'll let me know right away and will probably schedule for whatever's next. I expect that would be a biopsy.

I'm pretty sure it will end up being nothing. I have a chronic problem with benign cysts, so I've gone through the re-scan and ultrasound procedures before. And if there is something that needs a biopsy, I imagine it would be very small as I never found any lumps on my own.

But I suppose it's a good thing to be cautious. After all, a cousin of mine developed breast cancer at my age (43). She beat it sucessfully.

I will post here once there's any more news on the subject.

Comments:
Hope everything ends up routine - and that all is well.

Take care!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?