<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another milestone! 


My quest to get the entire house cleaned thoroughly once has been accomplished AT LAST! Too bad it took me a month to get it all done. I spent many many more hours recovering from the effort of cleaning than I did actually in the act of cleaning, but such is the world of a person with chronic illness.

The basement fortunately took me less time than the upstairs, mainly because it gets less use and there are some semi-finished spaces and storage areas that don't really need anything other than cobweb removal. But there were TONS of HUGE cobwebs, including a massive series of nests containing who knows how many spider eggs in the storage room! Dan came to my rescue and vaccuumed all that up and sealed off the vaccuum bag and put it in the garbage.

Of course, because a month has passed, there is already layer of dust accumulating in the living room where I started. But I figure I'll just do a quick surface wipe of each room (ideally, one room per day) every two weeks or so for maintenance with the thorough stuff like vents and interior shelves a couple of times a year. I know that's probably not as often as most people clean, but for me, it's highly ambitious.

I must acknowledge that I would never get far without Dan's assistance. He's had to do all the floors, the entire yard, the bathtub, and anything else that needs serious scrubbing or is taller than I can safely reach (I really ought to stay off ladders due to my vertigo). And, yayyy, he swears he's gonna start shredding the enormous leaning tower of old receipts I compiled in January.

Now, if I can just manage to quit having so many doctor/dental appointments and tests, I can do something fun, like actually having company. What a concept. Except for the few times Dan's family has come by or someone has helped us move furniture around, we haven't really had anyone over to play games or watch movies or have a meal or anything since New Year's.

Too bad you can't hermitically seal off a house once it's clean, heh heh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?