<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's ANOTHER boy! 


Jack John, my sister-in-law's son, arrived Saturday night, five weeks early. He's a little over five pounds. Didn't waste any time on preliminaries; he was born just three and a half hours after his mom got to the hospital.

There was a knot in his umbilical cord that may have precipitated his early arrival. His breathing and muscle tone were a little off at first, but these improved with assistance. After that he was just on an IV but didn't need oxygen.

His mom is doing great, and I think she went home yesterday. The docs wanted Jack to stay in the ICU for at least one more day while he got thoroughly checked out. But if all is well, he should be discharged tomorrow at the latest.

Dan and I went to visit the hospital yesterday. I'd never been to a preemie unit before. Good thing I had my wheelchair because each baby had its own room, making that section of the hospital huge.

Jack had really good color. He was sleeping, but you could tell he could hear us because he'd tilt his head toward the sound and start to open an eye. He was much larger than most of the babies in the unit, which is a good thing.

So I have gained two nephews in two weeks. I'm not very good at this aunt thing, but it is exciting.

I'll post pix when I get the chance.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?