<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Meme break! 

Got this one from Pete. Feel free to copy the questions and supply your own answers....


If you could have had the starring role in one film already made, which movie would you pick?

Too many interesting choices here. For romantic comedy, how about Lucy in "While You Were Sleeping"? For adventure, how about Elizabeth Swan in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise? For classics, I'm thinking Elizabeth Bennet in "Pride and Prejudice". Oh, dear, it's starting to sound like I want to be Keira Knightley. Maybe I do.


If you could eliminate one thing you do each day in the bathroom so that you never had to do it again, what would it be?

How about TWO things....number 1 and number 2! That would free up quite a bit of my day!


You've just been hired to a promotions position at Kellogg Co. What would you put in a new breakfast cereal box as a gimmick?

Um, maybe those hand-held Yahtzee games? Those can keep me entertained for hours.


When trick-or-treating as a kid, was there any kind of candy that you didn't like to get?

There were these supposedly peanut butter flavored candies that came in either orange or black wrappers; I think they were made by Brachs? Anyway, they didn't taste remotely like peanut butter. Or maybe Reese's cups have spoiled me on any other pseudo peanut butter candy.


What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?

The Carol Burnett Show.


Name the most famous person you've had a face to face encounter with ('brush with greatness')

I had an unfair advantage, working in the media. Mostly local athletes and politicians. And do book signings, comedy clubs and conventions count? I did get to interview James Young from Styx on the radio five years ago, which was the best birthday of my life.


What's the closest you've come to becoming a pop star/winning an Oscar?

I co-wrote and performed in a modified version of "A Christmas Carol" which was presented to my entire high school. I played Tiny Kim. Also co-wrote a comedy radio soap opera which was broadcast on my college's campus station. Ooh, and I actually did receive a statuette in high school for a comedic oratory poking fun at speech tournaments.


What was your favorite thing to play with as a child? Why?

I had one of those bouncy horses in a frame on springs. Sometimes, I would turn it on its side and put a blanket over the frame to make a tent, or I would pretend I was on a deserted island (can you tell I watched entirely too much "Gilligan's Island"?)


Have you ever jumped out of a plane?

Not physically capable of it now, but I would love to.


What is your favorite quote?

"The most wasted of all days is that during which one has not laughed". -Nicolas Chamfort


What is your favorite weird food combination?

Ketchup on my scrambled eggs.


If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?

"Last Comic Standing". Because I think I could be good if I gave stand-up comedy a shot.


What one super hero power would you like to have and why?

Invisibility. I think it could be quite freeing.


Can you comfortably eat in a restaurant by yourself? Go to a movie?

I can no longer do anything comfortably, but no, I don't mind eating or watching a movie alone. I saw "Sicko" by myself recently.


If you could be one kind of beer which one would you be and why?

Beer is off limits to me now, but I did enjoy George Killian's Red once upon a time. Now, I suppose a gluten free root beer?


What certain thing have you done that impressed yourself?

Sold, packed up, and made all the arrangements to move to a house I'd never seen before in a city I knew nothing about in a state I had only visited, with very little help. Oh, and I had only three weeks from offer to closing to accomplish this. Not bad for a woman who can't even get out of bed some days.


If you had a 'theme song' that played whenever you walk into a room full of people, what would it be?

Aside from the dozens of facetious answers that popped into my head (examples: "Oh, Pretty Woman", "You Shook Me All Night Long", "Brick House", "Fat Bottom Girls", "Baby Got Back", "You Spin Me Round Like a Record"), perhaps I'd stick with something simple, like "What I Like About You" by the Romantics.


When you were in elementary school, what was your favorite activity at recess?

Playing four-square. For a non-athlete, I actually wasn't bad. It sure beat the heck out of being chased by gross Joey Burrego.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?