<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rave of the Day for August 29, 2007: 

If you live outside of South Dakota, you probably haven't heard the story of Senator Tim Johnson's brain hemorrhage last December that nearly killed him. ABC reporter Bob Woodward, who has been recovering from his own brain injury, did a "Nightline" piece that detailed the senator's amazing recovery....

ABC News: Sen. Tim Johnson Back on the Job

You might also want to click on the comments pages. Several who have posted either have suffered a brain injury or know someone who has.

I hope this doesn't seem callous or inappropriate, but I wonder if Johnson's experience will lead to any advocacy for the disabled? Think of all those people with brain injuries who haven't had the opportunity for the excellent medical care Johnson received.

As for my own health, I've had a setback. You know how I was coming out of a flare? Well, a week ago, I decided to do some LIGHT housecleaning (as in waving a feather duster around and sweeping up any dust bunnies that were larger than Chip), and I ended up right back in Flare-ville.

And so I am struggling once again with being able to write coherently. I have no one to blame but myself this time. Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?