<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 03, 2007

The TMI post, not for the faint of heart or squeamish.... 


This is a summary of all my medical/dental woes of the moment. Those of you with weak stomachs are excused.

Had to go to the primary care doc today for, of all things, a prolapsed hemorrhoid. Turns out there was a huge blood clot keeping it from healing. So I got to have it drained with a needle.

Was really embarrassed about the whole scenario until I did some research and found out that HALF the population has hemorrhoids at one time or another. I'm not the freak of nature that I thought I was. At least not when it comes to that subject.

My mouth hurts like a sonofabitch. My gums and the inside of my cheek are still raw with gouges, blisters and even chunks of loose skin. And my jaw muscles are still too sore to allow me to open my mouth much wider than to allow a spoon in.

The right side of my face is slightly swollen. I think every nerve still functioning on the right side of my mouth has been aggravated because its feels like daggers being stabbed over and over. And I've got major muscle twitches going on in my jaw, neck and head.

This has given me a major flare. Today was the first time I left the house since Tuesday, and I felt weak and heavy, and it hurt to move, like I had finely ground glass flowing through my veins. I guess it's not such a bad thing that I missed aquacise Wednesday and today because I simply do not possess the energy for such activity.

My breast biopsy is Monday morning. What happens is this: I'll get to lie down face up, I'll get a local anaesthetic, and then they'll use a core needle about the size of a ball point pen to get a sample of the tissue in the mass in question. They'll be using an ultrasound to guide the needle, and they may need to get multiple samples.

I won't have to have anyone take me, and the whole thing should take about an hour. I need to abstain from exertion for a few days afterward (uh, right now that's no problem at all, heh heh). My primary care doc should get the results in about 24 hours.

I'm not really concerned about having cancer as only 25 percent of breast biopsies are positive. I'm more inclined to think the nodule they found is caused by one of my autoimmune disorders. But I gotta admit, I hate needles and rather dislike the notion of having them poked into my boob.

It just seems cruel that a person can hurt as much as I do right now without having had major surgery, broken bones or some really serious problem. I guess sometmes it really is the little things that get you.

Uncle.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?