<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 15, 2007

My pup's in pain..... 



I've got a real dilemma. My English springer spaniel, Chip, has severe hip dysplasia. Despite medication (we've tried many over the past five years), he has started limping again, and today, we took him to the vet for an x-ray to see if things were deteriorating.

Poor thing. His right hip is now bone on bone, and his left is nearly there. He's nine years old.

The vet said he needs surgery, although she is deferring it to the doc who actually does the surgeries to see what he thinks. Problem is, I'm on disability and am about to be cut off from my LTD benefits. We can't afford this.

Is it cruel to refuse surgery if it would be a severe financial hardship?

I don't know what to think. Chip is sleeping next to me right now, trusting me to do the right thing.

Comments:
I'm so sorry. Chip is beautiful...

I don't know what to say. I know what it is like to make tough decisions like that, so there's easy answer.

I hope you are both doing ok tonight.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?