<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 07, 2007

Rave of the Day for September 7, 2007: 

Well, this should come as no surprise to anyone, least of all me. Who woulda thunk that Unum would be accused AGAIN of fradulently terminating valid long term disability claims?

Federal Judge Allows Class Action Against Disability Insurer Unum

I'd be more than happy to testify how they forced me to undergo a sham neuropsych exam so that they could fraudulently label me with somatoform disorder, which would entitle them to cut off benefits after 24 months. They lost a case somewhat recently in which they were forced to re-open some 200,000 fradulently terminated fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome cases.

As of this month, my 2 year limited benefit has expired. They have "generously" switched me back to Reservation of Rights, meaning a month to month temporary extension of payment, while they "evaluate" extending my claim. Essentially, they got freaked out that I have a lawyer involved and are stalling so that they can try to dig up enough dirt on me to legally justify termination of benefits. It is only a matter of time, though, before the other shoe drops and I am forced to figure out how we're gonna pay the bills until they either resume full benefits or settle with me. Ideally, they just offer me a lump sum so I'll go away and shut up, but that rarely happens until you've been without benefits a few years.

I hope they get their asses kicked in the class action suit.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?