<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

GO! ROCKIES! 


I'm baaaack! Wish I could say I'm feeling refreshed, but at least it's an earned exhaustion rather than just exhaustion for exhaustion's sake. Will provide details of my trip to Florida once I've finished editing the pix I took (I'm trying to put a rush on that so as to provide copies to Dan's family), which should take a few days.

I watched as much of the post-season Rockies games as I could while I was gone, difficult when they were in Mountain time and I was in Eastern time (their extra inning game last Friday went past 2am, I think). Incredible that they SWEPT the Phillies, SWEPT the D'Backs and now they are going to the WORLD SERIES! Fan-freakin-tastic!!

The only thing I would have enjoyed more was if I had gotten to see a post season game in person! How I miss Coors Field! And if I still lived in Denver I at least would get easy access to good press coverage; the Sioux Falls media assumes everyone's a Twins fan and focuses mainly on the American League happenings.

I got to see their second ever home game along with 80,000 other people at Mile High Stadium, an incredible experience. My employer, a Denver radio station, also owned the Rockies radio network, so I got to see quite a few games through mid-1994. I tried to get to as many as I could afford at Coors Field in the next few years after that until I got too sick to handle all the stairs.

I am soooo excited for the Rockies now! People are gonna be talking about their post-season sweeps for years to come.

Guess the only thing to do while waiting for the World Series to start is to take up the ever popular fan chant: GO! ROCKIES!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?