<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 29, 2007

Swept! 


Alas, my beloved Rockies were squashed by the Sox in just four games! Two games were embarrassing blowouts and the other two were heartbreaking squeakers. Tonight's was particularly frustrating because the Rockies came soooo close to tying the game in the bottom of the ninth!

But the Boston pitching would have shut pretty much any opposition down, I think. On the rare occasions a Rocky would get on base, the next batter would be struck out. And the Sox closers were as good as or even better than the starters.

I think most Colorado fans were just glad their team even made it this far. The Rockies have been seen as a bunch of nobodies by the baseball world for over a decade. I don't know if any team will beat their run of 21 wins in 22 games at the end of the season stretching into post-season.

Ah, but it would have been way cool if they had won one of the World Series games. I guess that gives them a goal for next year. Sigh.

Editing my Florida pix has taken much longer than I had anticipated. I guess that's bound to happen when one takes 400 photos in just a week, heh heh. I expect to finish up in a day or two now that I am done spending my evenings watching baseball.

And when the pix are finished, I'll pop back in and tell the tale of my Florida experience. And then get my ass to work on preparing for my trip to the Mayo Clinic as I have insurance issues, accommodation questions, medical records and other things to sort out.

So now I guess this applies to next year: GO! ROCKIES!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?