<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 12, 2007

Brief post to say I'm too busy to post.... 


Still in the midst of rebutting (is that even a word?) the LTD benefit termination and getting ready for the Mayo Clinic visit. Oh, and I'm trying to sneak in a quick But You Don't Look Sick article on complying with the current TSA regulations. And trying to squeeze in some social life like phone calls and attending my nephew's baptism.

What I have finished so far: have sent an appeal letter to my medical insurance company to try to convince them to cover my Mayo Clinic visit as in-network. Have made reservations at an Extended Stay hotel, a place with rooms that have kitchens, in Rochester for a week. Have arranged for the lab that processed my lip biopsy in 2003 to send the original slides to Mayo so they can be studied.

In progress: the air travel tip article is about three-fourths complete. Have started a list of items to bring on to Rochester. Am on page four of spreadsheets of my various lab work so that the Mayo docs will be able to compare the results and see if there's any pattern to them; I figure with ten years' worth of tests, I'm probably gonna end up with at least 15 pages of documentation. A bio for the Mayo docs summarizing my known ailments, a chronology of then they occurred, what I want to accomplish with my visit to them, family med history, med sensitivities, etc.

Still to come: a paragraph by paragraph rebuttal of the 16 page long term disability insurance company's denial letter. Contacting my primary care doc to see if she will put something in writing as to the LTD company's innacuracies regarding her conversations with them. Copying my medical records. Calling the pet sitter to see if she can watch Chip while Dan and I are gone.

Being sick is a full time job.

Comments:
Being sick is more than a full-time job...you never get a vacation! And that's just symptoms, diet and medication, it doesn't even include the paperwork.

Wishing you a speedy resolution!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?