Thursday, December 13, 2007
Or, at least, I've been selected to participate in a blogosphere meme. Alicia over at
I'd Like to Buy a Bowel tagged me. Check out her hilarious blog on a less than fun condition, and make sure you scroll down to the YouTube video that teaches the Japanese how to say "I have diarrhea" in English!
Even though I'm still awash in brain fog, I'll attempt to come up with seven random things about me that maybe not everyone knows:
1. I once got busted for stealing enough change out of my mom's purse to buy myself not one, but TWO soft serve cones from the ice cream man. I was probably five. My mom didn't even have to punish me because I was absolutely sobbing with guilt. That was pretty much the only time I stole anything.
2. Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain, was a distant relative of mine, a great great great uncle I think. On my dad's mother's side of the family.
3. I used to eat in my sleep. I literally sleepwalked to the kitchen, got out a spoon, and ate gobs of Peter Pan peanut butter straight from the jar. I finally figured out I was doing this when I woke up with peanut butter on my chin and found a mostly empty jar still open on the countertop with a spoon stuck in it.
4. I once won a trophy for giving a speech about speech tournaments.
5. I never successfully learned how to drive a stick shift. And I didn't get a driver's license until I was 21.
6. I have been in a mosque, a synagogue and a Catholic church all in the same day.
7. I still know (most of the time, anyway) an embarrassing number of commercial jingles from the 1970's. And TV theme songs. And songs I learned in Girl Scouts and really awful parodies my mom taught me.
Now comes the hard part. Coming up with seven people I want to saddle with this meme.
First, I tag at Much to My Sjogren in the hope that this will be a welcome distraction from her recent GI disorder diagnosis.
Second tag goes to Pete at CynicalOptimist as a lot of very serious things are happening around her right now and maybe she could use the diversion?
Third, I'm tagging L. Rob Hubbard at (mim-uh-zeen) & other loss leaders, mainly just because I can.
Next, I've selected Chuck at Chuck's Lo Down because he seems to be in one of the few parts of Oklahoma that didn't get iced in.
Number five might be Greg at Captain's Blog. I say might be because I don't think he usually does stuff like this. Also, I'm not able to leave comments on his blog because I don't have Windows. But hey, maybe he'll see this.
Sixth? If she's up to it, I'm hoping Ricky at Journeying/Journalling will participate too.
Ack, I can't seem to come up with seven. Several friends whose blogs I read are no longer updating them, and the rest of the blogs I peruse I visit only sporadically and have not introduced myself to the authors. So six will have to do.
If you've been tagged and you would like to participate:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Thanks for the invite, but don't have the energy. Enjoyed reading yours though! *hugs*Post a Comment