<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 28, 2007

Tragedy in Pakistan.... 

I rarely comment on world events, but the untimely death of Benazir Bhutto really saddened me:


Bhutto photographer: "Gunshots rang out and she went down"


How many women would have dared to lead in a country like Pakistan where assassinations are common? Not many. But she knew full well the danger she was in, as this was not the first attempt on her life.

While I did not always agree with her politics, Benazir Bhutto fascinated me. There were times it seemed she was the only voice of reason in that region. And I admired her bravery, even as I suspected it would lead to an early demise.

Now I fear for the future of Pakistan. The chaos is escalating, and who knows how many will perish in riots. That too is a tragedy.

I can only pray that her death will not be in vain.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?