<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

As Emily Litella would say: "never mind".... 


I did get some actual sleep last night, so I feel more human today. And I scored a major accomplishment.

The receptionist I talked to yesterday at the rheumatologist's office was pretty rude to me, like she was trying to get rid of me. And I was so brain fogged that I just let it go. But today I felt up to calling the office again to see if I was really out of options.

I got a different receptionist this afternoon, someone really nice. I politely explained that I understood the doctor would be on maternity leave and asked if she would be able to squeeze anybody in after that. She said that, yes, she'd just gotten a cancellation and could make a tentative appointment for me in July!

I don't mind waiting six months; the wait to see one of the other rheumys is eight. My primary care doc has volunteered to handle bloodwork and stuff until then. So if this rheumy ends up being at least adequate, that will be one major problem solved.

On a completely unrelated note: had a brief adventure today on the way to aquacise. It was cold, no more than 5 degrees, and the wind was blowing so hard that it was impossible to tell if snow was actually falling from the sky or just blowing upward from where it had fallen on previous days/weeks. And while the main streets had been plowed (gotta give props to Sioux Falls for their prompt snow removal), the side streets had not, and those were slicker than snot.

So I'm about a block from the house, approach an intersection, and start sliding into it sideways. After I realized I was not gonna hit a nearby parked truck or a curb, I started thinking, hey, this is pretty fun! When the car finally came to stop on a side street I had not intended to use, I just continued along that street as though nothing had happened, no harm done.

Was looking at my desktop recently and realized that I've got over a year's worth of pix on the computer that I've not made copies of. So I'm gonna sort through them and figure out which ones I want to put in an album and get prints made. Between the trip to Florida, Christmas with the in-laws and pix of my new nephews, I've got some excellent shots to choose from.

Too bad a near accident is as close as I can get to actual sledding these days.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?