<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Money, so they say, is the root of all evil today..... 

Took the car to the shop today. Needed some major suspension work that I knew about and a water pump that I didn't know about. Spent half of my SSDI check right there.

Then whilst I am getting the car fixed, Dan's at the dentist about some major tooth pain. Yep, you guessed it, now HE needs a root canal! The only saving grace is that it's a new year so we haven't yet maxed out our dental coverage.

Not even a month into 2008, and already I'm gonna nickname it Year of the Debt. I guess when one has a nine year old car and a ten year old car, one must expect to have to replace stuff, but, ack, can't we get a break until after we've figured out the Mayo Clinic bills? But then, I don't suppose there's any particularly convenient time to owe money.

At least I didn't suffer the fate of this poor teenaged kid who ran into the light post across the street from my house this afternoon! Apparently I'm not the only one who noticed how slippery the side streets are. He seemed ok, the cops came and everything, and I tried not to think about what might have happened if he'd kept on sliding and ended up in my yard, maybe hitting the house.

I saw on the news that maybe the feds are gonna send "rebates" to those of us who earn under $75,000 per year? The idea is that we can be coaxed into spending it and jumpstarting the economy. Screw that, I need it for bills!

Had another shitty night last night with no sleep, muscle twitching all over, etc. I hurt sooooo damned bad. Wish I could figure out if it's one of the new meds causing this, or if I caught something (just found out Dan's dad was sick when we were out to dinner with his family, grrrr!), or just being out in below zero weather.

As ET would say, ooooouch.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?