<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rave of the Day for January 12: 

Thought I should pass along this message I got from Linda Fullerton of the Social Security Disability Coalition (the site is on my Links list, and I am a member). And please take the time to tune in Monday and Tuesday night (5:30pm Central) to see the stories.....


Hi Everyone, Many here have heard that CBS News is doing a story on Social Security Disability. Several months ago I contacted them on this issue and the problems here that everyone has been dealing with. They realized the importance of this issue and as a result on Monday & Tuesday, January 14th and 15th they will be doing a TWO night investigative report. I cannot even begin to tell you all how thrilled I am about this. It has taken me 5 years to get this type of coverage for us. One night would have been great, but to be getting two nights of coverage on this issue is incredible, and truly the break we have been waiting for. It will air on the CBS Evening News With Katie Couric 6:30 - 7:00 PM EST time - check your local listings for TV station and air time in your area. My piece will air on Monday night, and ironically that is the 11 year anniversary of my brain surgery, and second chance at life, so this is a very strange time for me. If you cannot watch, I am pretty sure they are going to be having it available on their website as well, so I will send out a follow up e-mail next week with the link and also put a link on our website as well.

Once this story airs it is the perfect time to write ALL your elected officials as this story is going to let the public know what is really happening to all of us. You can contact all your elected officials at:
Congress.org
Congressional E-mail Directory

It is also the perfect time to tell all the media outlets you can (newspapers, TV, radio) about your problems with the Social Security Disability process, the Social Security Disability Reform Petition and the Social Security Disability Coalition, as the focus will now be on this issue, and the chances will be much greater now for other media outlets to want to cover it. You can contact the all media outlets in your area and around the country through Congress.org at:
Find and contact national and local media

Thanks to all of you who are already starting to do this. Please don't stop now - we need to keep after them in a big way because the more coverage we start to see, the more we are likely to get. Also the more that this issue is covered by the media, especially in an election year, the more likely that Congress will be willing to take notice and fix the problems. I hope you all like the story and can share in the joy of this major accomplishment. Hopefully there will be many more to come this year. Thanks to everyone here for your understanding and support. You are an amazing group of people and I hope that one day I can meet you all to thank you in person. I think that is an Oprah show that really needs to happen! Be well!

Sign the Social Security Disability Reform Petition – read the horror stories from all over the nation:
Social Security Disability Reform Petition
Linda Fullerton President/Co-Founder – Social Security Disability Coalition

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?