<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rave of the Day for January 29, 2008: 

Here's a link to an expanded story about doctors' reactions to the inflammatory article the New York Times published about fibromyalgia (scroll down a bit to get a link to the original article):

Fibromyalgia Network News: Doctors Respond to New York Times Article

I am glad to see someone is sticking up for people with fibromyalgia. I would give just about anything to have this not be a real physical ailment so I could return to the workforce, regain my independence and have a productive social life.

I bet my long-term disability insurance company is citing this article as "proof" that fibromyalgia is no more than a glorified term for somatoform disorder, which would get them out of paying millions of dollars in claims to people whose contracts have a mental illness limitation. People like me.

I've got better things to do than to make this shit up.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?