<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update on the financial crisis.... 


Spent some time on the phone today with the medical insurance company and Mayo Clinic. Didn't make much progress, but I have a general idea of what to do next. I must say I've had it up to my eyeballs with the insurance guys, but I suppose the more I must use insurance, the more I can expect to run into some kind of snag.

They aren't covering the nerve conduction study because they don't know what type of doctor did it! The only way they will pay for a nerve conduction test is if the person performing the exam is a neurologist. It was the Mayo Clinc, for heaven's sake; I'm sure that whatever person did the test was more than qualified.

But in order to get this covered, I must prove to the medical insurance company that an actual neurologist did the test himself. The report I have from Mayo just has the names of who conducted the study, not their credentials. I called Mayo and talked to the neurology department, and they are going to have someone call me back.

I also talked to Mayo's Patient Account Services department. They said that I can certainly set up a payment plan, but I'll have to wait until all the charges have been processed, which will take awhile as my most recent visit was just a couple of weeks ago. They will work with me once I know for sure the grand total of what I owe them, which I suppose makes sense.

My insurance company is weird. The only reason I put up with them is that I'm on a ton of meds and Medicare Part D won't cover nearly enough of them. But much better than no insurance, right?

Comments:
How frustrating. Still thinking of you.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?