<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Updates on dis n dat...... 

Talked with the assistant of the neurologist I saw at Mayo. She told me that the person who did my nerve conduction study was also a neurologist, so my medical insurance should be paying for it. She was very nice and said she'd write up a letter providing the info, have the doc sign it, and then I can give it to the insurance company as proof and save myself $1500.

Got all the documentation from Mayo on my tests and consultations. The doctor notes pretty much exactly mirror what was discussed, so no big surprises other than a few findings on the neuro exam that I will look up. Final diagnoses were: sprue, presumed, clinically apparent; and Sjogren's syndrome, partially fulfilled diagnostic criteria (4/6), seronegative.

Talked to my lawyer yesterday about the long-term disability insurance company termination of benefits. We have already exhausted the appeals, and it is time to go ahead and file a lawsuit. I have sent copies of my Mayo notes, and he will put the final draft of the suit together, I will review it, and if it meets my approval, we will send it out next week.

Dan actually did get offered the job he was interviewed for, but they couldn't pay anything close to what he's making now, so he had to turn it down. I so wish I was working so he could afford to take a temporary pay cut while he switches to a more promising job field. But with my long-term disability benefits gone, bills from the Mayo Clinic possibly reaching five figures, and very few expenses we can reduce or eliminate, I'm afraid the poor man is stuck.

Switched to the full dose of Imuran on Tuesday. Gotta say I'm not noticing much except for some stomach pain; no change at all in fatigue, cognitive function or joint problems. But I may have to be on it for awhile, possibly even months, before I know its full effects, and the bloodwork may indicate improvement before I feel any beter.

I do know one thing, though: my fibromyalgia is having a field day. Getting muscle cramps literally head to toe, especially spasms in my neck and scalp causing daily headaches. And my pain level is wayyyy high.

Gotta get ready to watch "Lost"!! I've only been waiting eight months!

Later, alligator.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?