<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fell today... 


Will try to keep this short as I'm experiencing quite a bit of pain, fatigue and brain fog (although I've never been one for brevity). Please disregard if I'm not making sense.

Went on Imuran in January for Sjogren's and other autoimmune issues. After about a month, I noticed a decrease in the intensity and frequency of neuropathy symptoms along with a few other signs that the med might be helping.

Unfortunately, I simultaneously experienced a HUGE increase in fibromyalgia symptoms. I don't believe that the fibromyalgia itself got worse, just that my brain could only comprehend so much illness at a time and only after the Sjogren's had receded somewhat did I realize how bad the fibromyalgia has been all this time.

I figured the fibromyalgia was just in a flare mode, so I expected to start feeling better after awhile. But it did not let up, and last week, I started getting consistent numbness and pain in my feet whenever I stood for more than a few minutes along with some other indications the Imuran might be losing effectiveness (like the return of rashes, mouth lesions and swelling of lymph nodes).

Today, I overdid it by actually shopping for clothes, something I only do twice a year or so (I had gift cards just begging to be spent). I was on my feet for at least an hour.

After I'd had some lunch, I was in the kitchen squatting down for just a few seconds to get something out of a low cabinet. My feet went totally numb, which is nothing new, but then my ankles seemed to lose the ability to hold me up, which has never happened before.

Down I went! Fortunately, my husband saw it happen, helped drag me back up, and held onto me until the feeling came back in my feet and I felt steady enough to stand by myself.

Wondering if there's a possibility the sudden ankle weakness could be related to neuropathy? Am not thinking clearly enough at present to research but was curious nevertheless.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?