<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Need to grumble.... 


Got an explanation of benefits from my insurance company, and they are denying payment for a mammogram I had to have last month. This was a follow-up to a breast biopsy ordered by a doctor. I called the insurance guys yesterday, and they informed me that follow-ups to biopsies are not covered, but the annual routine mammograms ARE covered, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Like it's my fault I have fibrocystic disease, or whatever it's called. And I'm being punished for being responsible and following doc's orders by having a biopsy to make sure I'm not in the early stage of cancer. Hey, insurance guys, I'm actually saving you money by not waiting until I have a large tumor.

Got my final bill from Mayo yesterday. Even though last month I won my dispute with insurance over them not initially covering my nerve conduction study, they have yet to follow through with Mayo. Had to call Mayo and let them know my insurance company is dragging its feet.

Also had to arrange a payment plan with Mayo. They asked for 10 percent per month of the total amount I owe, but I can't even afford that. Managed to negotiate my way down to 6 percent.

Should be happy I was able to work something out, but instead I am grumpy that I now have another long-term debt on my hands. I am willing to bet this situation is rather common with everyone here. It feels like sinking in quicksand.

The ever-mounting financial problems related to my illness have my poor husband stressed to the max. Things were quite tense yesterday between us yesterday, which is quite rare for us. I had a sleepless night.

Other stuff going on: my seven month old nephew is in the hospital with viral pneumonia. He's been there for a week, and they won't release him to go home until they can get him safely completely off oxygen. Poor little dude.

My pup's not well either. He's got a raging ear infection, and the ear drops didn't work, so we've got him on anti-biotics. And we had to put one of those funnel collars on him to keep him from scratching at his ears, so he's in major mope mode.

I guess I'm in mope mode too. Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?