<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Confessions of an April fool..... 


Here are some recent examples of how fibrofog interferes with my daily life. Gotta find this stuff amusing 'cuz it's a whole lot better than being bummed about it. Besides, some of it really IS funny....

Got my exercise clothes on for my stint on the glider today (still haven't gotten past five minutes, but oh well). Stepped on the Gazelle machine and realized I still had slippers on my feet! Had to go upstairs and find my tennis shoes.

Then, I went to the pharmacy and realized only after I got there that I had forgotten both my list and my coupons. Not having the energy to got back home and get them, I stood in the middle of the store for quite awhile trying to remember what I was after besides meds. And after I found the box of sinus rinse packets, I had to stare at it for the longest time before I finally recognized that yes, that was indeed the same stuff I had bought last time, and that, no, they hadn't changed the packaging or the location of the product.

After picking up some stuff at the health food store, I went home and started making rice pasta salad, cutting up some ham and making dressing for it. But after I poured the pasta in the pouring water, I saw that I only had about half a serving, and I had just come from looking at the gluten free pasta at the store and not realizing I was out! I had no fresh veggies to pad things out, and I was out of canned mushrooms, so I grabbed the only thing I could think of: a can of diced tomatoes. I drained them, put them in the bowl with the ham and the dressing, and as I was washing out the can, I saw on the ingredients label that they contained SUGAR! Yuck! I could swear that the canned tomatoes I bought for making chili in Denver didn't contain sugar, so why does the Hy-Vee brand do that? Anyway, I already had everything in the bowl, so I ate it, unintended dose of sugar and all.

Last week, I went to heat something up in the microwave and instead walked right past it and put my uncooked supper in the freezer! Dan saw me do it, and we both had a good laugh. That's even better than all those times I tried to cook eggs on a cold stove because I forgot to switch on the burner.

And a few weeks ago, I was discussing politics with Dan and apparently said Osama bin Laden when I meant to say Barack Obama! I have absolutely no recollection of this, but Dan swore it was true. And yes, I do absolutely know the difference between the two and would like to vote for Obama, not Osama, heh heh.

Happy April Fool's day! May you have far fewer brain farts than I.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?