<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dirty little secrets.... 

Ok, we've put a call in to someone who specializes in foundations, but he won't be able to look at our basement until Friday. Apparently, we weren't the only ones who had flooding after the snow melt. What irritates me is that I talked to the insurance guy a year ago, and he said that since we weren't in a flood plain, we couldn't even get a policy for this sort of thing.

The scrapbook area has remained dry since Saturday morning, so Dan and I took a good look tonight at the extent of the mold. It's basically limited to one corner, and Dan thinks he can maybe take care of it himself if he wears a mask and gloves. I have already decided I'm not doing any scrubbing back there because I don't want to risk aggravating any of my already numerous health problems.

Since it looks like it could be awhile before I can put anything back in the scrapbook area, I decided to put stuff in a semi-permanent location. The boxes of stuff that Dan promised to shred last year went in the exercise equipment room along with most of the scrapbook supplies. The boxes of Dan's uncle's slides went in the supply room.

And, as usual, once I started moving around and realized that we'd have people in the house poking around, I noticed that I really needed to clean! The last time I can remember dusting was in December! In Denver, if you go three months without dusting, you can see the filth a mile away; luckily, it doesn't seem to accumulate nearly as much here.

Still, even though I've kept the kitchen clean and Dan has been keeping up with the bathrooms, Chip has started sneezing the past few weeks. He's the one that's allergic to dust. And last week, I discovered cobwebs in the silk flowers--ewwww!

Since I have until Friday afternoon, I'm trying to pace myself. I did about half the downstairs living area tonight. That was plenty, though, as my back spasms seem to indicate.

Yeah, I know housecleaning is a lot less work if you stay caught up with it, but I never actually do get caught up because I can do so little at a time. As soon as I make my way completely through the house, the part where I started is already dirty. And I've been so wiped out ever since the Mayo Clinic visit that dusting a single room is like running a marathon without any training whatsoever.

They make self-cleaning ovens....why not self-cleaning houses?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?