<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rave of the Day for April 16, 2008: 

Came across this link in a roundabout way: it was on a message forum for the Zone diet I got in an e-mail. I'm on their mailing list because I used to buy my fish oil from them back in the days before you could find decent product in the health food stores....


10 Worst Foods of the Year


Anyway, I haven't tried any of the foods on the list because most of them contain gluten and/or more fat than I can digest. I found the Starbucks item to be the most surprising.

Not that I don't find the idea of a bacon burger or a stuffed crust pizza to be tantalizing. In fact, I frequently dream of foods I can no longer eat.

Found out today that Kinnickkinnick is no longer making their personal sized Italian style frozen gluten free pizza crusts. Now what am I gonna do with that three-quarters full jar of pizza sauce in my fridge? I put the rest of the turkey pepperoni in a pasta salad today, so that's no problem, and I can find plenty of uses for mozzarella.

Have found two recipes for tofu chili because Dan actually tried a store-bought version and liked it. When I get around to making it, I'm gonna have gluten free cornbread to go with it.

Did try substituting tofu for lean ground beef in a boxed lasagna dinner. It tastes good, but because the tofu was so moist, the corn pasta got all mushy, so I think I'll try ground turkey next time and see what happens.

Have found four soup recipes that look pretty easy. Soup would be the best thing for me because it's a sneaky way to get some digestible form of veggies into my diet.

At some point, I want to try an Indian-style chicken marinade recipe I ran across in the newspaper. You're supposed to grill the chicken on the barbecue, but I think it would taste good cooked in my rotisserie.

Still, what I wouldn't give for a 1950's style hamburger from Jim's Burger Haven in Denver, some "homers" (home made French fries) and and actual malt. In my dreams.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?