<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm a GENIUS! 

Ok, maybe not an ACTUAL genius, but I feel like one. My computer now prints, and no more stuck cursor! Yayyyyyy!

I've been working on this since Thursday. I un-installed and re-installed software, swapped USB ports, swapped power cords, and poured through various search results. At one point, I had the printer working in the old operating system but not the current one, which was frustrating.

What finally solved the problem was hooking everything into the new USB hub, deleting the selections in the Printer Setup Utility, and re-adding the printer with different user data. The weird part was the instructions for my current OSX version on the HP website didn't work, but the instructions for OSX version 10.5, which I don't actually have, DID work. The only part I don't get is how the printer stopped working in the first place.

Now I can get started copying medical records for my appointment with yet another Sioux Falls rheumatologist (this would make number FOUR) in July. I'll need to update my bio, too, but I think I'll get my current project, reviews of my most recent Netflix pix, done first.

I'm baaaaaack!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?