<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Testing, 1, 2, 3.... 

I just got the Mac back from the shop today, so I am testing it out to see if the previous problems have been fixed. I did manage to get the bugs with the browser and e-mail worked out on my own, but the inability to print and the cursor freezing up have persisted. I figure the only way I will know for sure if the cursor works is to type something relatively fast.

Unfortunately, the dudes at the Mac shop ran all sorts of tests and never found a reason for the problems. They decided the most likely culprit would be the USB port, so we've got a new one. It doesn't appear to have made a bit of difference with the printer connection, though, which is seriously beginning to piss me off as I have a rheumatologist appointment in a few weeks and need to print copies of my medical records.

In financial news, Dan's parents have volunteered to lend us the money to pay for the basement repair. As much as I hate to owe a relative money, they won't be charging us any interest, so it was an offer I couldn't refuse, heh heh. Also, they are willing to let us make really small payments to them each month until the Mayo Clinic is paid off next year and then larger payments after that until we have paid it all back.

Damn, the cursor is seizing up too! So the three days in the shop was a waste of time! So I guess Dan will get to haul it back over there for the third time.

Is it too much to ask to have a computer that works?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?