<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What are YOUR 10 top 10? 


Just finished watching the American Film Institute's "10 Top 10" list. Now, you can't get the list on any link; I had to become a member of AFI to get PDFs to download. But the cool thing is that now I can download ALL their lists, so I think I will do that eventually with all the categories that interest me and make comment on them.

Here are my personal faves from their 10 top 10 lists, in order of preference for each category....

Animation:
1. Toy Story
2. Pinocchio
3. Shrek
4. Fantasia
5. Finding Nemo
6. Cinderella
7. Bambi
8. The Lion King
9. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Honorable Mention - Lady and the Tramp, Toy Story 2, Shrek 2, Charlotte's Web, Monsters Inc, Alice in Wonderland, Robots

Fantasy:
1. Lord of the Rings
2. Wizard of Oz
3. Big
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. Groundhog Day
6. Harvey
7. Field of Dreams
8. Miracle on 34th Street
Honorable Mention - Brazil; Harry Potter; The Chronicle of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; Pleasantville; The Princess Bride; Edward Scissorhands; Pirates of the Caribbean; Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; Who Framed Roger Rabbit; Topper; The Purple Rose of Cairo; Splash; Peggie Sue Got Married; Mary Poppins; Heaven Can Wait; Ghost; Babe; Batman; Clash of the Titans

Romantic Comedy:
1. The Philadelphia Story
2. When Harry Met Sally
3. Roman Holiday
4. Harold and Maude
5. It Happened One Night
6. Moonstruck
7. Adam's Rib
8. Annie Hall
9. Sleepless in Seattle
Honorable Mention - Bringing Up Baby, The Awful Truth, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Sabrina, Roxanne, Say Anything, The Wedding Singer, Bridget Jones's Diary, Clueless, My Man Godfrey, Something's Gotta Give, Pretty Woman, As Good As It Gets, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Working Girl

Sci-Fi:
1. 2001
2. Star Wars
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. Blade Runner
5. Terminator
6. Alien
7. Back to the Future
8. E.T.
Honorable Mention - Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Contact, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Minority Report, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Altered States, Total Recall, Westworld, Forbidden Planet, War of the Worlds, Jurassic Park, Men in Black, Cocoon, Starman

Western:
1. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
2. Unforgiven
Honorable Mention - Dancing with Wolves, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Blazing Saddles

Gangster:
1. Bonnie and Clyde
2. Pulp Fiction
Honorable Mention - Bugsy, The Untouchables

Sports:
1. Pride of the Yankees
2. Bull Durham
3. Breaking Away
4. National Velvet
5. Rocky
Honorable Mention - A League of Their Own, Seabiscuit, Pat and Mike, The Bad News Bears, Million Dollar Baby, Personal Best

Courtroom Drama:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Kramer vs. Kramer
3. A Few Good Men
Honorable Mention - The Accused, Amistad, The Children's Hour, Erin Brockovich, Philadelphia, The People vs. Larry Flynt

Mystery:
1. Rear Window
2. Vertigo
3. North By Northwest
4. Dial M for Murder
5. Blue Velvet
6. The Maltese Falcon
Honorable Mention - Gaslight, Memento, Rebecca, Spellbound

Epic:
1. Gone with the Wind
2. Schindler's List
3. Ben Hur
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Lawrence of Arabia
6. Titanic
7. Spartacus
8. Ten Commandments
Honorable Mention - Ghandi, Doctor Zhivago, Samson and Delilah, The Last Temptation of Christ, The Passion of the Christ, Forrest Gump, The Last Emperor

Comments:
what... no goodfellas?? where's godfather I?
hey now...don't make me come down there!

quack quack
 
Sorry...I only listed movies I have actually SEEN, and I don't much care for gangster stuff (or westerns, for that matter). Although I am often told if I would actually watch them, I would realize how good they are.
 
I guess I'll let you have that one, considering I've never seen ET

But you GOTTA see goodfellas... really!
 
Eegad, I've seen many times & loved over 75 of these movies. I think I need to get a life.
 
Yikes, I think I've seen 100 or more movies just since September! Most of them were recorded off of Turner Classic Movies or rented from Netflix (more reviews are to follow). Don't know if I'd say I don't have a life, but it certainly isn't a productive one, heh heh.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?