<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 05, 2008

I was gonna do this eventually anyway, but.... 

Had every intention of tidying up the house but was planning to wait until the basement got finished because of all the dust that has been and will be kicked up. But then I got a call on Thursday night that changed my mind. And it was from someone I've never met.

At first, I thought it was a wrong number because it was a bad cell phone connection, and I thought the woman on the other end was asking to talk to Denny. But then I realized she was saying DANNY, and after some more hesitation on my part, I realized she was referring to Dan! That was pretty funny because no one has called him that since grade school.

The woman calling is Dan's cousin in Pennsylvania. She told me that she and her family are driving all the way to Rapid City, and she wants to stop by Sioux Falls either on the way out there or on the way back. The day she's thinking of visiting is Tuesday!

This could be interesting because they have kids including a 21 month old, and Chip is scared of children. Luckily, we have a kennel we can put the dog in. Also, our house is sooo not child-proof.

Anyway, I decided it would be worthwhile to clean the upstairs at least. The dust from when the brick fireplace was demolished was everywhere. Luckily, Dan helped me with the living room yesterday, but I tackled the kitchen by myself today; I keep it reasonably tidy, but I needed to take everything off the countertops and scrub the microwave and wipe down everything with something stronger than dishwater.

Holy guacamole! Even with muscle relaxants last night and a hot shower this evening, my body is a chorus of spasms! And it feels as though daggers were buried all around my shoulder blades.

Tomorrow, all I'm gonna do is spruce up the dining area. Dan has promised to clean the bathroom even though it was scrubbed fairly recently. As for anything else, I can't make any promises.

Geez, if the upstairs was this gnarly, the basement is gonna be a BITCH to clean when it's finished! Even with plastic on most of the stuff, there is a visible white film on the walls and anything exposed. Makes me wonder what we've been breathing in the past three months?

So there will be no complete tour of the house when Dan's relatives come by. I don't think anyone should have to be exposed to the downstairs. Hope they like the living room and dining room because that's where we'll be spending most of our time, heh heh.

In the meantime, ow ow ow ow ow. Stupid worthless fibromyalgia flare.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?