<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 18, 2008

Not gonna party hearty this time..... 

I've been trying to make the best of things, but every once in awhile, my limitations get to me. Yesterday, I got an invitation to my nephew's first birthday party. Even though my sister just moved about 350 miles closer to me (she's in Nebraska now and I'm in South Dakota), it's still too far away for me to go, at least it is at the moment.

I have never seen my nephew in person. And my dad is coming up from Denver just for the party. But I'm not up to a four hour each way car trip, not while I'm in mid-flare yet again.

So I had to politely decline. I did ask that someone take some pix of the party and send them to me. But I am also grumpy at the moment that my body won't give me a break.

Such is the life of a person with chronic illness, I suppose. Perhaps I can go to Nebraska the next time there is a three day holiday weekend so my husband can drive me there one day, I can visit the next, and then come home on day three.

But I do miss my old road trip days.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?