<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to leave the house.... 

Lately, I've been so brain fogged that I need my own lighthouse, heh heh. But yesterday was even worse than usual. And all I did was go to the drug store.

I was getting three new prescriptions and refilling three I had phoned in the previous day. While I was waiting for them, I picked up some other items from a list I had filled out specifically to take advantage of some sale prices. But I found out that the sale had ended the day before, and I had forgotten the date.

I did notice that Boost had a two dollar off coupon attached to it, so I snagged a six pack. I went up to the counter to pick up my meds and pay for everything, and it was only then that I noticed I had grabbed the wrong kind. I went back and exchanged it even though I was getting tired.

I then proclaimed I was ready to check out, but the total at the register seemed wrong. Not too high, but too LOW. It was then I realized I had forgotten to tell the pharmacist that I was picking up refills too.

Got a check written for the new total and headed out of the store. It was at the car when I remembered the two-dollar off coupon for the Boost! I was so wiped out and aggravated with myself that I nearly decided to just go home, but I'm too short of cash to not need two bucks, so back into the store I went.

I sheepishly asked the lady at the front register if I could still use the coupon and not have to go all the way to the back of the store where the pharmacy is. The manager had to help her out, but they did give me two dollars back in cash, which was very nice of them. I returned to the car and drove my dragging ass home.

After some rest, I set about putting everything away. That's when I noticed I had gotten the WRONG type of glucose meter lancets! By then, it was five minutes past the time the pharmacy closed.

I managed to talk Dan into going back to the drug store today for me. I'd already made enough of a fool of myself in person for one weekend.

And people wonder why I don't go back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?