<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rave of the Day for November 23, 2008: 

Got the link to this in Jodi Bassett's newsletter. This page explains the dangers of forcing someone with M.E. out of their house or bed to do things beyond their tolerance level....

Why patients with severe M.E. are housebound and bedbound

Now, I am not nearly as ill as the people described on this page, but I do understand all too well that overdoing any sort of physical or mental activity can cause nasty, sometimes permanent exacerbation of illness. For instance, yesterday, I went to a church meeting where I participated in forming a vision statement for the church. Even though this effort was primarily mental, it proved to be excessive for me, and I ended up crashing last night for 12 hours, and here I am today too sick to go to Sunday services.

The handyman service guys are coming tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock to start work on the basement. Wish to hell I wasn't already in a flare before they even begin.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?