<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Adult" meme..... 


Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? Here's questions for the people who are a little older... Copy and paste into your own note, then answer the questions. Finally, tag your friends including me, please!


1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Trash removal. When I lived in Denver, it was free.

2. Do you miss being a child?
Yes and no. I miss all the learning and creativity, roller skating, weekends at my grandparents' mountain cabin, cross country road trips. I do NOT miss the cruelty of some of the other kids, especially in elementary and junior high school when they wanted to kick my ass for being smart.

3. Chore you hate the most?
Most of the worst ones I am no longer physically able to do. Anything that involves scrubbing, especially if I already have back spasms, is not pleasant.

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Indian restaurant, I think it was for our anniversary. I find dinners more romantic when I am not exhausted from cooking them.

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
How cruelly I turned down a person's request for a date when we were in high school, all because I was hoping someone else would ask me. Even if I had not wanted to go out, I could have been nicer about it.

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Logan. She "retired" mid-way through the year due to complications from pregnancy and polio.

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Visiting someplace I haven't been before, preferably with a camera.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
It changed frequently. Photographer, writer, lawyer, actor, DJ, etc. I guess I never did decide because I never grew up, lol.

9. How many colleges did you attend?
Just one. Could barely afford that one as it was.

10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Because it promotes the website But You Don't Look Sick.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Because I don't drive much anymore, I'm not that affected. I'm much more concerned with the cost of food, utilities and all things medical.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Didn't set it. Didn't get up this morning, either. First thing I thought of when I woke up this afternoon was that I'm still wiped out from helping out at church on Sunday.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Thinking of items I want to add to my spiritual website.

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Past or present? If past, I'd love to chat with Jesus in person instead of interpreting his life through a centuries old book. If present, I'd have a great time chatting about trashy pop culture with Stephen King as well as his and other people's book.

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes, but only minor ones not involving injury. The times I have been injured in accidents have been caused by OTHER people crashing into ME, usually while I was stopped at an intersection. I've been in SIX injury accidents.

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
If I were healthy enough AND didn't have to work, heck yeah. Before I got sick, I had been thinking about helping homeless women get their GEDs.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Getting up early literally makes me ill, sometimes for multiple days afterward.

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
As a child, I liked Underdog. I guess now maybe Brian the dog?

19. Favorite thing to do at night with your SO?
Go to sleep holding hands. Doesn't happen much anymore because has to go to sleep so early now.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
Emotionally, I have NEVER felt old. My body started acting old 12 years ago.

21. Favorite lunch meat?
Don't eat it because I don't eat sandwiches. Closest thing would be lean ham that I usually cut up and put in recipes.

22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. Too crowded, and I despise the way their employees are treated.

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Perhaps. It's not the answer for everyone. But it's a nice ritual, and it worked well for me.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
I own a set of four Ed Woods movies, and I actually like them.

25. What's your favorite drink?
Mango lassi. It's basically a shake containing yogurt and mango juice. Had to give up a lot of drinks because of their carb content, and this one probably has too many carbs as well, but it might be a little healthier than a regular shake.

26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to?
Unlikely that I'll run into them in person in South Dakota, lol. But I did go to two reunions, which was cool, and several people are on Facebook.

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Whichever station wasn't playing a commercial last time I listened. I usually alternate between the "rock" station and the "we play anything" station.

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Desperate Housewives. Not interested in the mob, and don't understand the fascination with it.

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Getting married the first time because I thought it was time to settle down (or in my case, settle) and quit the random dating thing. Oh, marriage in general wasn't the mistake, it was just that I picked the wrong person. Oh, well, at least I got it right the second time.

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
When I was working, most definitely, because I sat directly across from my husband! LOL!

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Not me personally, but my neighbor ran in my house and grabbed it for me (I couldn't run fast enough) because another neighbor's lawn mower blew up and caught part of the garage on fire.

32. Last book you finished reading?
"New Moon".

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
A purple lilac scented one, and a ginormous black bear I named Fozzie. Both were gifts from my husband.

34. Do you go to church?
Yep, but I'm not always able to attend regularly.

35. How old are you?
45

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?