<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Medication shortage alert! 

Many people like me rely on naturally derived thyroid hormone replacement for their Hashimoto's or hypothyroidism. But now there is none to be had, and the shortage is expected to last at least three MONTHS!

Thyroid Patients: How To Survive the Shortage of Armour and Nature-Throid Natural Dessicated Thyroid Drugs

I don't know if there are any compounding pharmacies where I live. I am absolutely mortified at the idea of having to go back on synthetic thyroid meds because they do NOTHING for me. And the last thing I want is the return of the horrendous hypothyroid symptoms. It literally feels like I could DIE of exhaustion. No way do I need this now when I am trying to get feeling as good as possible for my upcoming vacation.

The pharmacy actually told me that Armour was being permanently discontinued. I put in a panicked call to my doc's assistant this afternoon. I hope the pharmacy was wrong and that I can get the natural stuff SOMEWHERE.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?