<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Photographic self-indugence.... 

Decided to post here the Facebook pix that won't make it into my scrapbooks because they don't feature any family members. Trying to clean up my excessively cluttered desktop....

Robins 2008

flutterbyes 2008

Sioux Falls Zoo 2008

Natural History 2008

Also need to get my 2009 pix edited and either printed or posted so I can start deleting them from my digital camera. I need to make room because I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!

Yes, you read that right. Dan's parents are footing the bill; otherwise, it would be a financial impossibility for us. They wanted us all to take a family trip together.

We will be going on a four day Disney cruise with stops in the Bahamas and an island actually owned by Disney. It's not until November, but I am rapidly finding out that reservations for certain things have to be made NOW. And Dan is in the process of applying for a passport.

I am wayyyyy excited but also more than a little nervous. I just don't know if my health will permit much, and I'm almost guaranteed to get sicker afterward, but Dan's grandfather is going, and if a 92 year old man can go on a cruise, there has to be a way for me to do it too. And accommodating my various dietary restrictions is going to be a mighty challenge.

I also feel a little weird accepting such a generous gift from Dan's parents. But when am I gonna get another chance to go to the Caribbean, much less on any sort of vacation? It has been two years since I left South Dakota; I don't count my visits to the Mayo Clinic because they weren't for fun.

Still must limit my computer time due to the back injury, but hope to be back to what passes for normal for me around mid-September. Trying to squeeze in a few writing projects in between doing research for my trip and some other things. Have wanted to contribute to some other people's sites and/or e-books who have expressed an interest, but I'll reveal more about that when I figure out what on earth I'm gonna contribute, heh heh.

Ah, to spend some time at a beach again.....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?