<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Prayer for Rest 


Another prayer from my church bulletin. For anyone else needing respite from chronic illness or other types of weariness....

'You, who said, "Come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest," I come to you now. For I am weary indeed. Mentally and physically I am bone tired. I am all wound up, locked up tight with tension. I am too tired to eat. Too tired to think. Too tired to even sleep. I feel close to the point of exhaustion. Lord, let your healing love flow through me. I can feel it easing my tension. Thank you. I can feel my body relaxing. Thank you. I can feel my mind begin to go calm and quiet and composed. Thank you for unwinding me, Lord, for unlocking me. I am no longer tight and frozen with tiredness, but flowing freely, softly, gently into your healing rest.'

- Marjorie Holmes

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?