<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 30, 2009

How do you exercise without bringing on a flare? 

Got this from the National Fibromyalgia Association. It addresses the issue of daily exercise, a sore subject for fibromyalgia patients if there ever was one, heh heh....

Real Exercise Strategies That Work Like Magic

Now, keep in mind, just because the women in the article are able to go on long walks or go to Curves or whatever doesn't mean that everyone with fibromyalgia can exercise at this level. Both would be wayyyy too much for me. But I have managed to develop a routine of three days per week of arthritis-friendly water therapy plus three other days a week on a non-impact glider machine.

The hardest part is being patient. It took me a year and a half to go from five minutes to 25 minutes on the Gazelle machine, and then a back injury this summer kept me off the machine for five weeks, and the fibromyalgia would not let me pick up where I left off. I had to start all over again at five minutes, and it has taken me almost two months to work my way back up to 15 minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?