<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 06, 2009

I'm outta here! 

I'm off to be a pirate in the Caribbean! I've only got last-minute items left to do (like making sure everything's gonna fit in the car to take to the airport, heh heh), but am otherwise ready to go. My biggest concern at the moment is whether I'm actually gonna be able to get up at 4am and get out the door without major digestive issues.

Unfortunately, my nephew is in the hospital with croup. One or both of his parents will stay at home with him. If both, my niece won't be going either. Or her paternal grandmother.

But Dan's parents, grandfather and grandfather's wife are all definitely still going. Due to tropical storm Ida, rain and/or thunderstorms are forecast for every single day we plan to do something outdoors, but even then, it should get no colder than 60 degrees. I hope I'll be able to still get some decent pix.

Since this is a cruise, though, even if everything gets rained out, we will have our fancy dinners, live entertainment and Disney characters to get us by, heh heh. Several of the Magic Kingdom attractions can operate rain or shine, and we have reservations at Tony's, an Italian restaurant modeled after the one in "Lady and the Tramp". And I will still be able to say I sailed the Caribbean and saw the Bahamas.

Only 12 hours until I embark upon my adventure! I will be offline until at least November 15. But I promise details when I am up to relaying them.

Comments:
Have a great trip! I've never been on a cruise, so I'll have to live vicariously through you.
 
That's cool. Usually I am the one drooling over other people's vacation pix, lol.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?