<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

What part of "exercise makes me sicker" do physicians not understand? 

Post-exertional malaise, a phrase well-known to those with certain chronic ailments, is REAL, despite the medical community's doubts. Here are the results of a study of CFIDS patients vs. sedentary but healthy controls....

The Hallmark of CFS

Just yesterday, a rheumatologist was urging me to exercise hard enough to elevate my heart rate (more about yesterday's events in a later post). She seemed to think I was holding back because of pain, when in fact it is the fatigue and shortness of breath that occur afterward that prevent me from engaging in vigorous cardiovascular workouts. I told her this, but she ignored me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?