<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Figuring out how much activity is too much and how much is too little.... 

There are hazards in both over-achieving and under-achieving when it comes to ME/CFIDS. Even though the following article is about British standards, the advice in it is meant for anyone with these or related ailments....

The Art of Pacing in CFS/ME

While certain docs have really gotten on my case about de-conditioning, assuming that just because I have fibromyalgia I must be horribly out of shape, I seldom am congratulated on my efforts to improve my fitness levels. I have not given up. I just have to remind myself that what constitutes progress for me (like trying two errands in a day instead of one) looks like small potatoes to those not properly educated about the illness. Just because for the past five months I haven't been able to do more than 15 minutes on the Gazelle machine without a resulting flare doesn't mean I haven't tried.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?