<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 01, 2010

Link between thyroid and other autoimmune diseases.... 

It is no myth that those with one autoimmune disorder are more likely to develop other ailments than their healthy counterparts, and that the diseases run in families. Courtesy of the Celiac.com newsletter....

Patients with Autoimmune Thyroid Disease Risk Developing Secondary Autoimmune Conditions

Every time I see a new doc, and they find out I have Sjogren's syndrome and celiac disease, they assume one of my parents had either lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. But when I tell them that I have thyroid disease, Raynaud's and type 1 diabetes in my family, they shrug like there is no correlation. I don't think the fact that I have hypothyroidism, diabetes and Raynaud's in addition to the Sjogren's and celiac is a coincidence.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?