<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 09, 2010

Trippin'.... 

I will be offline Friday, April 9 (I'm going right to bed as soon as I finish this post) until Sunday, April 11 at the earliest. Am going to Nebraska to visit my sister, whom I haven't seen since she was 8 months pregnant with her oldest boy three years ago. Yep, I have two nephews I have never met, but that will change tomorrow afternoon. It will also be good to see my brother-in-law as he is about to be deployed to Iraq for a year.

The reason I haven't visited before now is that Dan's employer hadn't allowed any paid time off in a year (our trip in November cost him a week's pay). Finally, the boss relented and said he could have two weeks paid leave starting April 1st. Dan's only taking Friday off; we need to keep the visit short because my sister just returned to her job two months ago from maternity leave and doesn't have any time off built up yet. If I were healthy, we could just do this over a Saturday and Sunday, but even a short three and a half hour drive (each way) is gonna seriously knock me out, so I need at least one day in between to just visit and not travel.

As with all my ventures away from home, it may take me some time to get back to blogging as I usually have some sort of illness mega-flare afterward. The price I pay even for the fun stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?