<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The roller coaster that is chronic illness.... 

I may have posted this link before, but it contains new material (about halfway down the page) about art and pet therapy as well as segments from online forums. Courtesy of the Hummingbird's Guide:

Practical Tips

One thing that is difficult to convey to healthy people is that just because I have accepted the daily reality of being chronically ill, it doesn't mean that I have given up on experiencing any improvement. By the same token, when I engage in distractions such as watching funny movies or taking photos, it doesn't mean I couldn't possibly be sick if I am doing things I enjoy. What may look like laziness or delusion can simply be a sick person coping.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?